I have a simple shrug. First the good:
1. It is DONE. I have knit and knit and knit and knit. 31,840 stitches to be exact < I can do math, me!!!
2. I believe my picked up stitches are superior to any I have picked up in the past.
3. It is comfy and warm, and I will wear it lots 🙂
4. I am pretty happy with my seams, I worked hard to do them properly.
5. the stripes on the arms pretty much match each other although in reverse, both ending with reddish cuffs. This was an effect I never could have achieved on purpose.
OK, the bad:
1. It is really hard to tell how this will fit until you are done. I mean you can get an idea of sleeve length, but mine looks tiny on me compared to the model pic. At first I was disappointed by this, but then I realized that I had done everything right, I made a Large/x-large, got gauge, my finished pieces is the exact size it is supposed to be, and there were no measurements given other than the final size. Given that I own no other garment like this, it would have been pretty tough to gauge fit by finished size measurements. Once I got over the fact it looked different on me and saw the pic’s rather than the mirror, I was more pleased, but I think I will never forget my initial disappointment.
Size 6 and 8 Knitpicks options circ. needles. Caron simply soft shadows yarn. Yarn requirements on the pattern were WAY off, and I needed more to match stripes. Pattern said four I used seven. (but have essentially a skein of many balls left over due to stripe matching issues) this mostly disturbs me as I got gauge and my piece is just the size it should be. Plus it took forever!!
AND since I have received part of a wonderful swap, from a terrific knitter, knitting nyxxie, I must share very awesome sock pictures.
I stalked my feet for days and found them in their natural environment under a cube desk:
They were mildly startled by the flash, but eventually succumbed to curiosity and were photographed in much more detail…
How do you thank someone for making you awesome socks???? I am not sure I can, but will be sending more embroidered stuff her way soon!!