Yup, the dreaded day next week.
So how about an update 🙂
1. The afghan is done. (No it is not HUGE, but it is big, and it is nice, and it will cover one adult happily and comfortably in cold weather.)
2. I am still conflicted about the edge, it is a nice scallop, but it curls. Fringe hides this in the pattern, but I do not want fringe, nor do I want to invent and edging that will keep a nice scallop and not roll.
3. I am 60% through the only other knitted gift I need to finish. How the heck long does it take felted stuff to dry? In this case felted clogs…the one that is done and felted (cause I did not believe this would work) just will not dry. Can I put it in the dryer?? I still have shrink room… but if I put it in the dryer how do I make it keep its shape? My dryer has a shoe rack, can I put towels in it to shape it and dry it?? And how can I finish one darn slipper with practically no errors, but can’t frickin count well enough to finish the second??????? I could go into a whole long story about me and these clogs and why impulse last minute knit gifting is dumb, and you should really READ the pattern before you buy yarn, but it is working anyway story, but really I don’t want to look that dumb on my own blog.
4. Why the heck can my husband and son crank out entire dozens of cut and frosted sugar cookies in mere half hour spans, but if I am working with said son it takes all darn afternoon? I am going to leave the baking up to them. They are CLEARLY more capable than I am.
5. Really I think it was the early Thanksgiving that threw me off, lulled me into a sense of fake peace.
6. I am not doing a darn thing for New Years. New Years I am beginning to understand is the ADULTS relaxing holiday. The only prep in my family includes having the correct chinese restaurant menu in the house and making sure there is ample booze to make sure I don’t make it till midnight. I am thinking that I probably will stay MIA until after Christmas, unless I make a panic post.
Have a lovely Christmas, may all your knitting be gifted on time.